- Case StudiesPaper industry
- Smoke-tubes boiler operated at 10 TSteam, 7 bars pressure, fed with N°2 HFO (LSC):
Increase in efficiency: 5.5%
No CO detected, whatever the load factor
NOx reduced by 20%
Pulverization of deposits
Smoke emission temperature at the minimum design level
- Next challenge: install an economizer or an air pre-heater without any steam blowing
- Case StudiesDairy industry
- Water+Smoke tubes boiler of 20 TSteam, 37 bars pressure, fed with waste wood:
Deposits removal in combustion chamber
Clinker and glass forming prevented
Time for maintenance reduced by a factor of 3
Instant peak performance up to 23 TSteam/hour, and 450 TSteam/day instead of 350 before ending a cycle.
- Next challenge: attempt to operate with a cheaper fuel of lesser quality
- Case StudiesWood-base industry
- Water-tubes cogeneration boiler of 18 TSteam, 65 bars pressure, fed with bark and woodchips.
Reduced emissions of steam and soot; steam totally dedicated to production.
Higher proportion of low-quality fuel (lower GCV)
Operating conditions improved
The boiler is consequently globally operated more cost-effectively.
- Next challenge: cut down the overall operational cost